We hold public meetings every two years in participating provinces to discuss the financial state of the CPP Fund and our investment activities. They are free and open to the public.
To protect the health of CPP contributors and beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020’s public meetings will be held online.
People attending each meeting will hear from our Board Chair, Heather Munroe-Blum, and our President and CEO Mark Machin; and will have the opportunity to pose questions to a member of our senior management team.
Topics will include:
- How the Fund is designed to provide retirement benefits for over 20 million contributors and beneficiaries over the long term;
- How we consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in our investment activities;
- The types of investments in the Fund and why we invest in global markets;
- How the CPP enhancement was designed to increase retirement incomes and the impact it will have for younger Canadians in particular; and
- Our strategic response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will hold ten meetings: one public meeting for each of the nine provinces that participate in the CPP, and one meeting for the three territories. To attend and learn about how we are investing your CPP contributions, please follow the link for your region’s meeting.
Pre-registration is encouraged to avoid technical difficulties. Registering at the start of or during the meeting may result in sign-on delays of up to three minutes.
We will answer questions submitted:
- In advance – written and video questions sent via email, post or phone; and
- Live – through the online broadcast portal during each meeting.
Video questions should meet these guidelines:
- 45 seconds or less;
- Shot in landscape orientation;
- Reasonable video and audio quality; and
- Appropriate language, background and clothing.
These guidelines were developed to:
- Maintain a comfortable and safe atmosphere for participants of all ages;
- Ensure clear communication and adequate time to address as many questions as possible; and
- Prioritize engagement among all our stakeholder groups.
How to Submit
Please email video or written questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mail written questions to:
Attention: Public Meetings
One Queen Street East, Suite 2500
Toronto, ON M5C 2W5 Canada
Please submit phone questions ahead of the meeting by dialing:
+ 1 416 868 4075 or +1 866 557 9510
We anticipate a high volume of questions and cannot guarantee every submitted question will be answered during the meeting. Questions relating to CPP Investments that we are not able to address will be answered individually by email or mail if you provide a return address and if we are able to provide a response.
Online meetings will be available with French audio, as well as closed captioning in both English and French.
Meetings will be recorded and posted to our YouTube page within a week of broadcast.
If you do not have access to a computer or the internet, you can phone in and listen to the meeting live. The phone numbers for each meeting are listed here.
Telephone participants do not need to register but will not be able to submit live questions. Those users can submit questions, in English or French, in advance.
Live Audience Q&A
We look forward to hearing from CPP contributors and beneficiaries, and to addressing your questions at our live audience Q&A. As we are expecting a high volume of live questions, our team of moderators will review incoming questions and will prioritize them to ensure that we cover a broad range of topics which are of interest to Canadians, allowing for a variety of views to be expressed.
If questions are left unanswered during the broadcast, we will endeavour to provide a response to those pertaining to our business and for which we can provide a response, once we wrap up the series of public broadcasts.