The team seeks to establish partnerships with and execute co-investments alongside VC managers within four categories:
- Established, top tier early stage firms with a proven, long-term track record of outperformance
- Late-stage and venture growth managers with both strong returns and an interest in a partner for co-investments and other deal flow (pre/post IPO, credit, secondaries)
- Thematically-focused managers with expertise and differentiated knowledge or networks
For each of the above categories, the team will seek to:
- Make multi-year fund commitments
- Operate in a partner-friendly manner with flexibility around commitment sizing and governance
- Partner on co-investments, secondaries, credit and pre/post IPO opportunities
- Assist with value-add partnerships across CPP’s large direct portfolio
- Leverage global reach in North America, Asia, Europe and Latin America for introductions and support
Managing Director, Venture Capital Funds
Monica is responsible for the development and implementation of the Venture Capital (VC) funds program; leading teams in identifying opportunities, delivering on and managing fund commitments across the VC market.
Prior to joining CPP Investments in 2019, Monica built and led innovation in high growth tech environments, including Facebook, Box, and Starbucks. Most recently she was Global Director at Workplace, an area of Facebook she helped launch in 2016. Monica also spent 10 years with McKinsey & Company in San Francisco and New York.
Monica holds a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Monica currently serves on the board of Technoserve, an international development non-profit.